Southeast Missouri State University Autism Center for Diagnosis and Treatment
Provide leadership and oversight for the University Autism Center for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders. The director serves as the primary supervisor and coordinator for all staff and the collaborative partners that share the facility.
- MA or Ph.D./Ed.D. in special education, applied behavior analysis, psychology, or speech language pathology with additional training specific to autism. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Provide leadership and oversight to the center and guide strategic planning
- Minimum of four years providing intervention to children, youth or adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Clinical supervision experience in area of expertise (applied behavior analysis, psychology, special education, speech language pathology)
- Knowledge of standards of practice in the areas of assessment and intervention with those on the autism spectrum
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments within the university, community agencies, public and private schools, and regional service providers in support of the mission of the center
- Ability to work with multiple funding sources/budgets and knowledge of fiscal accounting procedures
- Ability to serve as university HIPAA compliance officer
- Experience with grant writing desired
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
The position is available immediately, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by November 14, 2014.
To apply, submit the following items online at:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted
- Name and contact information of three references
Our Center provides diagnostic evaluations and re-evaluations (infants through adulthood), assessment for treatment planning, behavior therapies and interventions based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, Communication therapies and interventions, Social skills and Social Thinking® therapies and interventions. We have a staff of professionals that are highly trained in their fields and are committed to providing the highest quality services as possible for individuals seeking assistance at our Center. The Center is approved as a medical billing facility.
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER