Southeast Missouri State University is conducting a search for a tenured Associate or Full Professor/Chairperson in the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling to begin January 1, 2015
The Chairperson maintains standards, policies and procedures for a department with two distinct disciplines: Educational Leadership and Counseling. The department serves graduate students and offers degrees including Master’s Degree programs in Educational Administration, School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, and Higher Education Administration. Specialist level degrees are offered for Educational Administration, Counseling Education, and Educational Leadership Development. The Department also supports a Cooperative Ed.D. program in partnership with the University of Missouri.
Responsibilities include administration, leadership, teaching, faculty-personnel relations, student recruitment, department liaison, student development, and management/budget oversight consistent with a diverse graduate level department. In addition, the chairperson maintains an active, scholarly and service agenda. The Chairperson of the department has a reduced teaching load.
Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Leadership/Administration (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Demonstrated record of administrative/leadership experience
- Ability to champion both counseling and administration programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of ELCC and CAEP/NCATE standards
- Demonstrated success with scholarly research
- Excellent record of college/university teaching
- Experience/knowledge of administrative and counseling accreditation and certification processes
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of faculty morale and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Read the full HR posting of the position and get additional information regarding the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling.