Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD) is seeking applications for the position of editor of LD Forum, its official newsletter. The role of the editor involves preparing in a timely manner the newsletter content, which should:
- inform the membership about business of the international organization and state chapters, and
- offer brief articles related to the LD field. Applicants must be a member of CLD and maintain membership during the term as editor.
- Commit to a 3-year appointment, officially beginning July 1, 2014.
- Annually prepare 5 issues of LD Forum.
- Assist with recruiting and selecting an Assistant Editor and serve as a mentor for that person.
- Based on previous schedules for disseminating CLD business, confer with the CLD Executive Committee and the CLD committee chairs regarding possible content.
- Coordinate the Review Board, arrange for the peer review of articles submitted for consideration, and work with potential authors through the revision process.
- Plan, assemble, and edit information to be included in each issue.
- Send each issue to the Hammill Institute on Disabilities for typesetting on a preset schedule.
- Participate on the Communications Committee and as a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees, providing status reports as requested.
- Contribute to the mission of CLD by contributing to continuous improvement of LD Forum to meet the needs of our membership.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest that includes your qualifications for the position, a description of your plan for LD Forum, and a brief vita to Judy Voress, Communications Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be received by February 1, 2014.