2. Job Purpose:
|To assist with the psychological evaluations of the candidates for admission to the school and for re-evaluations as needed for attending students. To use the data collected to develop the Alternative Education Plan.
To assess and evaluate students for intervention.
Helping in developing and following behaviour plans to specific students.
3. Job Dimensions:
|Annual Operating Budget/Project Budget/Sales Revenue:
|Number of Staff Supervised: 0
||Direct Reports & Total:
4. Key Result Areas:
|Key RESULT AREAS
- Evaluates students who have been referred to TLC or to TLCS
- Develops a psychological educational evaluation report with appropriate recommendations for staff, parents and student ( when needed )
- Works with family and teaching staff to design appropriate education plan for admitted students
- Plans and implements appropriate testing procedures for providing appropriate interventions.
- Provides appropriate instructional/therapeutic methods for developing the students learning styles building on strengths and developing areas of weakness
- Conducts in-service education sessions for teachers and support staff and provides consultation as needed
- Confers with the Head of Clinical on referral, screening, evaluations and any unusual circumstances arising from referrals or active student cases.
- Participates as a team member with other specialists when requested or needed
- Confers with other schools, providing information on the service of the TLC programs.
- Actively contributes to the development of programs for children with special needs in Qatar(i.e. consultation, presentations)
- Assists in End of Year data collection regarding annual school-wide assessments
- Assists with developing and/or implementing behavior intervention programs
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Has an experience in response to intervention model.
- Assists in the implementation of school-wide behaviour programs.
5. Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
|Academic school calendar, daily Schedule 6:45 – 3:15, opportunities to attend conferences outside of Qatar
6. Communications and Working Relationships:
- Head of Teaching and Learning
- Director, Principal, and Counselors
- Parent, teacher, staff, community and school consultation
- Student and parent counselling
- Parent and teacher workshops
- Developing and implementing behavior interventions and performing psychological evaluations
7. Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates, compares and relates information across educational settings
- Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organisation
- Employs own experience and evidence (research-based) from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations
- Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team
8. Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
|This job works within broad procedures and practices that have clear precedents with operational guidance being readily available if needed. It is subject to managerial control and review of results upon completion.
9. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
English language proficiency .
Current and continuing certification as a School/Educational Psychologist
Technology proficiency in order to complete the necessary tasks involved (i.e. scoring programs, Word and Excel)
Knowledge of the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of children and basic understanding of the fundamental methods, techniques, and procedures involved in a school environment