Assistant Professor of Special Education
Position: Assistant Professor of Special Education, full-time, tenure track position , College of Education, Department of Special Educational Services/Instruction
Description: The Department of Special Educational Services/Instruction at Rowan University is searching for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank. The successful candidate will teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses as well as supervise candidates during their clinical practice experiences in NCATE accredited programs that lead to endorsement in Special Education at both the post-baccalaureate and graduate levels. In addition, the candidate will be expected to engage in scholarly activity, including professional presentations, grant writing, and publications and provide service to the department, college, university, community, and profession. Some teaching off campus at regional extension sites and through on-line instruction may be required.
Qualifications: Earned doctorate in special education or a closely related field from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution, eligibility for New Jersey teacher of students with disabilities certification, and a minimum of three years of professional experience teaching special education in a school setting. Candidates should have:
• Knowledge of current research-based interventions with diverse populations
• Ability to teach courses in assessment practices and procedures, positive behavioral support systems, assistive technology, and/or differentiated instruction in the inclusive classroom
• Ability to conduct and supervise research
• Knowledge and skill in using current and emerging instructional technologies
• Willingness to teach on-line courses
• Investment in being an active contributor in a learning community environment
• Experience/interest in developing and teaching on-line classes
Starting Date: September 1, 2010
General Information: All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Send letter with resume and transcript and three letters of recommendation to:
Dr. S. Jay Kuder, Chair
Department of Special Educational Services/Instruction
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08020
E-Mail to: kuder [at] rowan [dot] edu
Application Deadline: November 15, 2009